Best Hair Transplant In India
Hair loss and Baldness is one of the major problems for youngsters in present times. This can spoil your looks, makes you look aged, reduce your confidence. Hair transplant may provide you solution for this problem. This article on Best Hair Transplant In India comprises of valuable information regarding hair transplant and its procedures, Precautions, Cost for hair transplant, etc., the best hair transplant centre’s in India from various cities like Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, etc., are also listed in this article.
What Is Hair Transplant?
It is a surgical process that involves the removal of hair follicles from any site in the body such as the legs or face and planting them on the required part. This process is also used in hair transplantation in eyelashes and eyebrows. The latest techniques are permanent and they take follicular clusters of hair. This method is named as Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT) which can be done in two ways, band harvesting and follicular unit extraction (FUE).
In the harvesting of strips, bands of skin with good hair growth are planted on the balding areas and in the extraction of the follicular unit, the bunches of hair with their roots are manually removed and planted on the place with less hair.
In recent times, Strip harvesting is the method used by most of the surgeons. He leaves a thin scar on the donor site and promises recovery within two weeks.
FUE can be done in one or more parameters. It is a manual and time-consuming process but gives very natural results and leaves no mark. However, it is not a cost-effective process and takes time for both the patient and the doctor. However the use of robotics has reduced the time in this process and simplified it enormously.
Hair Transplant Procedure
Here are the steps:
Preparation for hair transplant
In the first stage of hair transplant surgery, the hair follicles of the back of the head are removed and moved to the bald areas.
Area donor site trimmed
Before the start of surgery, the hairs of the donor area are cut off.
Donor area prepared for surgery
Once the hairs in the donor area are cut off, he is given a local anesthetic.
The tissue in the donor area was removed and the donor area was sutured.
The donor area tissue that contains the bald-resistant hair follicles is then removed surgically and the donor area is sutured.
Combed hair on the sutured donor area
The sutures in the donor area are hidden from the patient’s hair that is combed over them. These sutures are removed almost ten days after the hair transplant.
Donor tissue cut into follicular unitary grafts
Microscopes are then used by surgical technicians to view donor tissue in order to dissect and prepare the follicular units of hair transplants.
Prepared bald reception area
Once local anesthesia is given to the patient, the area of the bald recipient is prepared for the surgical process. No cutting / removal of hair is needed at the top of area of recepient.
Incisions made in the cleared areas
Tiny incisions that are made irregularly in the recipient area to place Follicular unit grafts.
Grafts placed according to their densities
The smallest grafts (two and one) are placed in front of the hairline and three and four (denser than one and two) are placed behind.
Immediately after hair transplant surgery
Once the hair transplant surgery is performed, tiny incisions with short hair would be visible on the area operated by the patients.
Closing the hair transplant
The marks formed because of incision heal naturally and the redness in the recipient area disappears within a week.
The hair transplant is a non-invasive procedure and is performed several times. Most of the time, patients are allowed to shampoo after two to three days, although the scalp must be protected from the sun and infections for some time after surgery. Patients are usually on antibiotics for a few days.
Must Know Facts About Hair Transplant:
1) The transplanted hair behaves like natural hair and grows between two and four weeks of transplant. The roots eventually start to sprout naturally and continue to do so all their life.
2) The use of local anesthesia makes it a painless procedure and the patient can return home the same day.
3) Hair transplantation is different from non-surgical hair restoration in which a pre-selected base is attached to the scalp with dexterity.
4) Hair transplantation does not mean that you will have a luxurious hair harvest as the result varies from person to person and also has some connection with the natural quality of a person’s hair.
5) Every case of baldness has no solution in the hair transplant. It depends entirely on each case.
6) The cost of the procedure depends on the number of transplants. The higher the number of transplants, the higher the cost.
Precautions After Hair Transplant Treatment
- DO NOT expose yourself to direct sunlight immediately after and 5 days after surgery, especially if the scalp is still swollen. If going outside during the day is mandatory, then you must wear a hat.
- DO NOT touch or move with newly grafted scalp. A little itching and some pain are normal side effects, so picking or scrubbing the sore scalp can cause the new grafts to fall before they can have a chance to develop.
- DO NOT drink alcohol for the first five days after the procedure as this interferes with the blood supply to the head.
- DO NOT smoke for a whole month after surgery as this can interrupt the flow of blood to the hair follicles. Blood circulation is crucial for new hair growth, as such, abstaining, or better, completely stopping smoking can accelerate the growth of your hair. To avoid becoming cold turkey, start reducing the number of daily cigarettes a few months before your scheduled hair transplant.
- DO NOT exercise until one week after surgery. Exercises with minimal effort can be resumed approximately 10 days after the procedure. Sports with body contact, such as football or basketball, are prohibited until about a month.
- DO NOT engage in activities that would cause excessive sweating. Sweating increases the risk of infection to a large extent. It would also be wise to postpone this sauna or steam room appointment until the next month or so for the same reason.
- DO NOT blow your nose, bend down, or lean forward violently the first week.
- At the end of the day, follow your surgeon’s instructions as he will directly access your condition.
Hair Transplant Cost In India
The cost of hair transplant in India is variant. This widely depends upon:
1. Hair Transplantation Methods:
There are different procedures for getting a hair transplant, such as Robotic Surgery, Laser Capillary Therapy, FUT, FUE, etc. The cost also varies for each treatment.
2. The Level Of Baldness And The Number Of Grafts Needed
The cost varies depending on the requirement. If you have level 2 hair loss or more, the cost may increase. The cost also depends on the number of transplants to be implanted. The range is between 35000 and 80000 rupees.
However, before going to the consultation, you must understand the different parameters that affect the cost of hair transplantation.
2.1 Pattern Of Baldness
- For levels 1 and 2, the cost of baldness is comparatively lower.
- For levels 3 and 4, the cost of baldness is calculated by transplant.
- For larger areas of baldness such as levels 5 and 7, a flat fee is charged.
- Each transplant will have 1, 2 or 3 hair depending on your natural hair
- The price per graft is usually Rs. 30 / – to Rs.45 / – depending on the reputation of the clinic and the technology used.
- The consultation fees for hair transplant in India are FREE in some clinics.
- A PRP session is normally given FREE of charge during the transplant session.
- Individual PRP sessions are billed from Rs 3,000 to Rs 10,000 per session, with the exception of the cost of hair transplantation in India.
- The credit card, EMI facility is provided by the majority of clinics
- If you need 1000 hair transplants – The will cost you around Rs.30000 to Rs.45000.
- If you need 2000 hair transplants – The cost will range from Rs.45000 to Rs.68000.
- For 1000 and 2000 hair transplants, only one session is required, for advanced level of hair transplant more sessions are required.
3. Points To Remember
- The consultation fee is different in one clinic to another clinic. Some clinics also offer free consultations. The cheapest consulting fees start from Rs.500 for people who are looking for the best cost of hair transplant in India.
- The cost for PRP varies from Rs.3000 to Rs.5000 per session. However, if you do a hair transplant in India, clinics usually provide 1 free PRP session.
- People looking for an affordable hair transplant in India, some clinics offer free post-treatment care that will significantly reduce the overall cost. The duration of free care is different for each clinic.
- Some clinics also provide free medication while others include it in the hair transplant cost package.
Now, there is a price difference in hair transplant methods. If you want to know the reasons behind this, you must know the fundamental difference between the two methods. Most commonly used hair transplant methods are described below
Unit Follicular Transplantation (FUT)
The FUT process involves the removal of a small band of tissue from the back of the head from which the donor hair follicles will be removed. The hair follicles are harvested from the band by an expert being transplanted independently into the bald areas.
Extraction Of Follicular Units (FUE)
In FUE, each follicular unit is independently taken directly from the scalp. Here, no strip of fabric is removed. The hair follicles are detached at random and the result is less thick in the donor area than people say is not even noticeable.
FUE has a lot of benefits and is one of the essential factors for its popularity among people who are looking for a hair transplant. Taking a look at the benefits it has will help you know why it is preferred to FUT.
Minimal Pain: Although FUE and FUT are performed under local anesthesia, the patient is softened by complaining of the pain caused by the swollen area after removal of the strip. But this problem does not arise when using FUE. The recovery speed is faster than Fut. So no wonder most clinics prefer the FUE technique for hair transplantation.
No visible scars: Tiny 0.8 mm to 1 mm diameter holes are drilled in the donor area for hair extraction using an electronic motorized circular incision. The holes are cured within 4 to 5 days.
Donor zone of any part of the body: As there is no stress to pull out a band, the donor hair can be extracted from any other part like hands, legs, breast, beard, etc. One thing you need to keep in mind is that If body hair is used, the cost of hair transplant can increase in comparison with the use of hair on your scalp for transplantation.
Faster recovery rate: The patient’s recovery rate is much faster than the FUT technique so they can resume their work the next day, compared to 4 to 5 days in the FUT technique. So, not only can you benefit from hair transplant at the best cost, but you can also spend less time for hair transplantation.
Best Hair Transplant In Hyderabad
HairSure, since its inception, offers a viable and distinct treatment of hair restoration and hair loss for men and women. While they also have a wide range of other treatments, the interest in hair transplantation has increased and the number of procedures performed has also peaked. HairSure has treated a large number of clients for hair transplants and has managed to regain their natural appearance. With over ten years of experience in the treatment of hair restoration and hair baldness, and won a lot of satisfied customers.
HAIR SURE Hair Transplant Centre,
3rd Floor, Plot No.1, Street No.5,
Opp.Hotel Krishna Residency,
Main Road, Habsiguda,
Elite Hair Studio
Elite Hair Studio brings TRANSITIONS INTERNATIONAL GROUP to India. Elite Hair Studio is a proud exclusive member of Transitions International Group, Which is an elite group of hair restoration specialists, composed of international members with the best hair restoration and hair replacement clinics in the world. As a group, they performed more non-surgical and surgical hair replacement procedures for men and women with hair loss than any other hair loss treatment group in the world!
Plot No-701/A,2nd Floor,
Above Talwar Hyundai Showroom,
Road No. 36, Jubilee Hills,
Hyderabad – 500033 Telangana, India.
Cosmocare Hair Transplant Clinic
Since CosmoCare has been in the healthcare industry for over a decade, we have a holistic approach to the problem and we understand the patient’s need and ability to take any costly procedure or other method if available and appropriate should be explained to the patient.
Cosmocare Hair Transplant Clinic
5-4-28/A/1 IInd Floor
JN road lane beside Agarwala sweet house
Near General post office Abids,
Best Hair Transplant In Chennai
Vgraft Hair Transplant Centre
Successfully performed over 380 hair transplant surgeries last four years.
Developed new techniques and procedures in the hair transplant method. (Suction technique)
Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) treatment for the hair restoration surgical procedure was first conducted by them in South India, 2008.
Vgraft hair transplant centre,
No.73, Scheme Road, Kamdhar Nagar,
Mahalingapuram, Chennai – 600 034.
DHI(Direct Hair Implantation)
DHI Chennai has received several awards and recognitions for consistently providing innovative solutions. The DHI team provides support for direct hair fusion, beard hair restoration, eyebrow restoration, Anagen hair treatment, scalp micro-pigmentation and direct hair implantation (HID) ). Ranked # 1 on Customer Satisfaction by IMRB
2nd Floor, Sheriff Towers
No. 28/118, GN Chetty Road,
T.Nagar Chennai 600017
Each Tamira member seeks to improve the patient experience while ensuring that the specific needs of each patient are also met. When you choose Tamira, you choose over 25 years of experience in cosmetic surgery combined with exceptional skills and results. All Tamira surgeons are certified and bring individual experience and expertise to the team.
1st Floor, No.18, 1st Street,
Gopalapuram. Chennai 600 086
Best Hair Transplant In Delhi
MedLinks (a unit of TrichoDerm Medical Group) is a ‘Center of Excellence’ for skin and hair treatments. Spread over 3500 sq feet area, MedLinks is located in the city centre of New Delhi (Capital of India), in the Safdarjung Enclave, and also has a center in Gurgaon (National Capital Region). The state-of-the-art Operating Room boasts of modern hi-tech equipment including high resolution cameras, electrically adjustable operating table, stereo-microscopes and cold LED lights.
A-1/304, Safdarjung enclave,
New Delhi- 110029
Dr. A’s Clinic
Dr. Arvind Poswal and the team take pride in maintaining the professional quality of service at its excellence.
Dr. A’s Clinic provides superior value compared to the competition. The quality of their hair grafts equal (and often exceed) leading clinics worldwide. While quality is comparable, their prices are significantly lower compared to the competition.
Dr. A’s Clinic
B – 104, Ground Floor,
New Delhi – 110019
Medispa Hair Transplant Center
They are globally recognized leading hair transplant centre having 1000’s of happy patients over 20 countries; they prefer Medispa for the quality hair transplant.
They provide World’s best hair transplant services with 3-days comfortable accommodation, which makes the patient’s hair transplant journey completely a hassle free.
Medispa Signature Smiles provides the excellent Dentistry treatments, includes RCT, Endodontistry, Cosmetic dentistry, Etc. at an affordable cost to serve you best.
Medispa Hair Transplant Center
E-44, Greater Kailash 2,
Near Savitri Cinema, Gurudwara Road
New Delhi – 110 048, Delhi, INDIA
Best Hair Transplant In Bangalore
Vcraft acts as a professional organizer and facilitator of dental, cosmetic, skin and hair range of services encompassing treatment by the best of the doctors. The team will stay beside you throughout the journey of making a pleasing change in you and go an extra mile to ensure your satisfaction.
1st Floor, No. 470, 80 Ft. road
Koramanagala 6th Block
Opp. Koramangala Bus Depot
Bengaluru – 560 095.
Our dedication is to provide premium quality skin and hair loss treatment and services by use of multiple therapies. They provide the most proven, effective treatments for skin, and hair loss, all under one roof. Most skin or hair clinics are unable to offer these services and treatments.
#7/7, N.D.Mansion, Hosur Main Road,
Between Christ College & Forum Mall,
Opp. To domino’s Pizza,
Bangalore-560029, Mobile: 7676622861
Hairline International Hair & Skin Clinic
Hairline International Hair & Skin Clinic is an International Hair clinic that provides customized solutions to your unique problem. With a passion for perfection and state-of-the-art techniques, they help you redefine yourself!
They are affiliated with FEC Hongkong, Cindycut International and USA for Hair Replacement services. Doctors are members of the the American Academy of Dermatology, European Academy of Dermatology, Global woman’s hair loss council, American Society of Cell and Gene therapy and ISHRS (International Society for Hair Restoration and Surgery) and have access to the latest researches in this area.
Jayanagar : 199, 16th Main Road,
4th ‘T’ Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore – 560041