Most of us choose to go to a hospital by a friends advice or a doctor’s suggestion. Some of us may go by watching advertisements or programs in TVs or by other media. Have you ever thought the hospital you choose is the best one? or Do you know the parameters that you need to consider before joining hospital?. IF you can choose right hospital then you can get rid of your health problem within your budget, takes less time, protect your health. This article explains all the parameters that are needed to choose right hospital.
List of Best hospitals in India
Kohinoor Hospital was founded in December 2009 as a futuristic hub of healthcare. It is a multi-specialty hospital in Mumbai, centrally located and accessible. One of the top hospitals in India, it has 175 beds. There are 150 medical consultants and 350 permanent members of staff available to citizens, 24/7. We can call Kohinoor hospital a good hospital.
Kirol Road, Off LBS Road, Kurla (West) Mumbai 400070, INDIA
SevenHills Group has over two decades of experience in the healthcare sector, providing quality healthcare and valuable expertise, supported by a team of compassionate and dedicated medical professionals. SevenHills Hospital, a healthcare landmark, has been a household name to more than 50 million Indians. SevenHills Hospital offers state of the art in-patient and out-patient facilities, focusing on the comfort and safety of our patients and their loved ones. SevenHills Group currently has two hospitals, located in the cities of Mumbai, Maharashtra and Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
SevenHills Health City, Marol Maroshi Road, Andheri East, Mumbai – 400059, INDIA
HOSMAT (Hospital for Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Arthritis and Trauma) Arthritis and Joint Replacement Centre, HOSMAT Neuro Centre and HOSMAT Spine Centre are major specialty hospitals of 350 beds, ideally located in central Bengaluru. It is the first comprehensive hospital in India specializing in Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Arthritis, Accident, Trauma, and Neurosciences, and is undergoing an expansion to 500 beds, making it the largest specialty hospital of its kind in Asia.In the past 10 years, HOSMAT has gained a reputation of being one of the best hospitals in orthopedics and its sub-specialties. It is the first Orthopedic and Joint Replacement Hospital to be ISO9002 – TUV-certified.The hospital specializes in general orthopedic surgeries, medical and surgical treatment of arthritis, joint replacements of the knee, hip, shoulder, and elbow, fiber optic arthroscopy of various joints, treatment of fractures, non-union and malunion of fractures, ligament injuries, reconstructive surgeries, specialized Ilizarov surgery (limb lengthening procedure), correction of deformities, spinal surgeries (disc problems, spondylitis, pinched nerves, spine fractures, deformities, scoliosis and tumors), pediatric orthopedics and industrial injuries.
HOSMAT Hospital, 45 Magrath Road,Off Richmond Road,Bengaluru – 560 025,Karnataka
Global Health City
Global Hospitals is among the top hospitals in the country and it is India’s leading and the fastest growing super specialty care and multi-organ transplantation hospital. Pioneers in performing transplantation surgeries, Global Hospitals has to its credit many trailblazing achievements made possible by combining research, teaching and patient care. We at Global Hospitals constantly strive for quality and innovation. To us, it is more than a goal. It is a way of life. While advanced technology and modern facilities are crucial to the delivery of high-quality medical care, it is our doctors, nurses, and technicians who make Global Hospitals a place of highly specialized expertise. The group’s success lies in the strong foundation values laid by its founders that serve as a source of inspiration for everyone who is connected to the venture, to continue working selflessly for the society.
Global Health City, 439, Cheran Nagar, Perumbakkam, Chennai – 600 100, Tamil Nadu.
Dr LH Hiranandani Hospital is a popular hospital in Mumbai city. It is located in beautiful Hiranandani Gardens in Mumbai. It prides itself as one the first hospitals in India to be accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH), what this means is that they have reached high standards of excellence when it comes to specialization, skills, and quality of service. It was commissioned in 2004 and has an ISO 9001:2000 certification with NABCB (National Accreditation Board for Certification Bodies), which is a member of the Quality Council of India. Hiranandani Hospital has 130 patient beds with a bed to space ratio of 1:1600. There is monitoring capability of all beds from ICU/ICCU and has a 24-hour pharmacy on location. This hospital has a panel of internationally trained doctors and nurses, facilities for the physically challenged, family accommodation, as well as banking and conference rooms.
Hiranandani Estate, Ghodbander Road, Thane (W), Mumbai – INDIA
Apollo Hospitals, Greams Road
Apollo Hospitals, always stays in the best hospital rankings in India and world. It is the flagship facility of the Apollo Healthcare group. It has facilities and treatments across a wide spectrum of medical specialties. The high standards of medical-care has ensured a dedicated patient-base from India as well as neighboring countries. The group commands a certain respect and credibility amongst its patients.
- 600 beds available
- Advanced operation theaters (OTs) and critical care units
- Highly-equipped catheter laboratories
- Air ambulance services for patients residing in remotely and poorly connected pockets
- First hospital in South India to have received HACCP certification by the British Standards Institution
- Geared with up over 60 departments, the hospital boasts of a retinue of specialists like cardiologists, general surgeons, ophthalmologists, orthopedic surgeons, fertility experts etc.
- The high-definition technological support has made its neurological wing a leader in medical circles of Chennai
- Pioneers of modern day emergency care in India
- First heart transplant procedure was performed in this facility of Apollo hospitals
- An excellent liver transplant program for people requiring liver surgery and transplants
- One of the few centers in whole of Asia to perform robotic spinal surgery
21, Greams Lane, Off Greams Road, Chennai – 600 006
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre, Okhla road
Fortis Escorts Heart Institute (FEHI) is among top ten hospitals in India a multi-specialty having treatment facilities across every medical stream. It was established in 1988. FEHI has flourished into a medical-care center which has gained high credibility successfully, which is evident from the fact that it is frequented by several generations of Delhiites and also by international patients.
- Hospital accredited by Joint Commission International (JCI) and National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH)
- 310 bedded facility
- 9 highly-equipped Operation Theaters
- Blood bank which is functional round-the-clock
- 5 catheter labs
- World class infrastructure facilities
- A highly trained medical team and support staff
Okhla Road, Opp Holy Family Hospital, New Delhi, Delhi 110025
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi
Indraprastha Apollo Hospital in New Delhi has gained the reputation of being the most sought-after healthcare center for multidisciplinary medical treatment. Spread across 15 acres, this hospital boasts of state of the art equipment and expert doctors for treating various ailments. A standardized process, trained staff and latest technology mark the stand out points for this hospital.
- Treatments for 52 specialties available
- Foremost in India to successfully conduct Liver Transplant (Pediatric)
- Maximum beds for ICU with regards to private hospitals
- Biggest unit for dialysis in India
- More than 700 beds for patients
Sarita Vihar, Delhi-Mathura Road, New Delhi-110076
Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta Road
Fortis Hospital at Bannerghatta stands as the best hospital in the nation and was established in 2007. Since then it has achieved the trust of Bangalore residents along with neighboring parts of Tamil Nadu with the help of its impressive infrastructure. It has earned the ranks of being among the few top multi-specialties in Bangalore in current times.
- 276 hospital beds
- Team of over 150 senior consultants practicing in this facility
- Treatment facilities available across 40 medical streams
- The doctors at Bannerghatta are credited in the introduction of custom fit knee replacement and HIFU technology for treatment of prostate cancer in India
- Critical care department that is 24*7 functional
- The emergency and trauma care department is duly equipped with required life support systems and ACLS trained doctors
- Oncology department has treatment facilities for managing different cancer types in adults and children
- Highly complex procedures like total knee replacement, trans-radial angioplasties etc. performed
- Sports medicine injuries and orthopedic ailments are managed by an expert team of physiotherapists, orthopedic surgeons, and general physicians
- Various cosmetic and skin enhancing procedures are routinely carried out
154/9, Bannerghatta Road, Opposite IIM-B, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076.
Nanavati Super Speciality Hospital, Mumbai
Born out of a vision to provide healthcare to all strata of society, Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, Mumbai opened its doors in 1950 and since has grown strength by strength into one of the most reputed tertiary care hospitals in India. Continuously striving for the best of healthcare at very affordable prices, this hospital uses funds from its trust and provides free medical assistance to the needy. It is equipped with a formidable strength of medical and allied professionals and the latest technology which helps in delivering quality care.
- Located in close proximity to Chhatrapati Shivaji International airport
- Inpatient capacity of 350 beds
- Treatment available in 55 medical specialties
- Round the clock emergency and accident services available
- Full-time pharmacy and laboratory services
- Conducts health camps across the city and in remote areas of Maharashtra
- Imaging facilities include MRI scanner, high intensity focused ultrasound, 64 slice PET scan -CT scan with cardiac capability, radiography, etc.
- Equipped with MR guided focused ultrasound surgery technology
- The super specialty level treatment solution in disciplines like neurology, nephrology, gynecology, cardiology, gastroenterology, plastic surgery, orthopedics, sports medicine, and rehabilitation, etc.
- Empanelled hospital for various PSUs and private companies
- Uses evidence-based treatment protocols to provide treatment solutions
Nanavati Hospital, S.V. Road, Vile Parle (West), Mumbai 400 056,
Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
Advanced treatment facilities, world-class service standards, and best doctors are benchmarks of Manipal Hospital in Bangalore. The hospital provides comprehensive multi-disciplinary treatments to patients.
- 24X7 ambulance service provided
- Affordable care for multi-disciplinary ailments
- NABH accreditation
- Online appointment booking facility available
- Computers along with internet available
- Round the clock services for ICU, Operation theaters, Blood bank, and laboratory
98, HAL Airport Road, Bangalore – 560 017
Max Super Specialty, Saket
Max super-specialty is among the list of best hospitals in India. It is an elite medical unit in New Delhi. It caters to residents of Delhi, Gurgaon, Haryana etc. It endeavors to provide all-around health-care to its patients under one roof. The hospital is managed and run by efficient specialists and an array of multi-disciplinary practitioners. The talented team of doctors and medical personnel has helped the hospital scale new heights. Consultants and the strong technological support have made this hospital an indispensable factor for people living in Delhi.
- 500 bedded hospital
- ISO 9001:2001 certified
- Among the first two hospitals in North India to have received the prestigious accreditation from National Accreditation Board for Hospital & Healthcare Providers in 2007
- Treatments available across 30 different specialties
- High precision diagnostic machinery for accurate detection of diseases
- Critical care unit of 225 beds
- State-of-the-art neonatal and pediatric ICUs
- Emergency and pharmacy services available round-the-clock
- Varied health check packages are created for patient well being
- Specialty clinics for treatment of a headache, movement disorders, multiple sclerosis, pacemaker implant etc.
Max Super Speciality Hospital, 1.2, Press Enclave Road, Mandir Marg, Saket, Delhi 110017
Columbia Asia Referral Hospital, Yeshwantpur
Founded in 2008, Columbia Asia Referral Hospital in Yeshwanthpur is a reliable and celebrated multi-specialty in Bangalore. It houses treatments and facilities across various medical streams like cardiology, urology, bariatric surgery, pediatrics, neurosurgeries etc. Dedicated medical personnel who are always ready to treat patients at any given hour are a very big factor in the success of this multi-specialty.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospital & Healthcare Providers accredited hospital
- Round-the-clock available services like chemist store, blood bank, laboratory, emergency room etc.
- Neonatal ICU
- Suite of High Dependency Units
- A wide range of rehabilitative services like voice therapy, physiotherapy, occupational therapy etc.
- Equipped operation theaters
- Technologically equipped diagnostic facilities
26/4, Brigade Gateway, Beside Metro, Malleswaram West, Bangalore – 560 055
Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon
Artemis hospital is the medical venture of Apollo Tyres. It is an elite multi-disciplinary medical unit providing only the best of health-care to its patients. The cutting-edge technological support that is required for proper diagnosis and subsequent line of treatment is the strength of Artemis facilities.
- Artemis is the first hospital in Gurgaon to have been accredited by Joint Commission International, USA
- Artemis is also the first hospital in Gurgaon to have National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) accreditation
- First ever Green Operation Theater certified by Bureau Veritas
- 9-acre campus catering to every multi-specialty
- Different “Centers of Excellence” such as Artemis Cancer Center, Artemis Women & Child Center, Artemis Gastrosciences Center etc.
- Home Care Services consisting of physiotherapy, sample collection, doctor consultation, pain management etc.
- To and fro air ambulance facilities available for patients
- Advanced and basic life support system for patients during emergencies
- International patients are provided every type of assistance for making their stay in the country easier
Sector 51, Gurgaon, Haryana-122001
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon
Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI) is a medical facility of high repute serving the residents of Gurgaon. Also, FMRI is ranked 2nd in terms of technological superiority. It provides some of the best international medical talents that is supported by a trained nursing staff.
- 1000 bedded unit
- Laboratories are accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) and National Accreditation Board for Laboratories (NABL)
- Suite of High Dependency Unit and Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Robotic surgery which provides a variety of benefits to the patients is practiced by surgeons at FMRI
- The newly launched “Fortis App” helps patients in locating their hospitals, book appointments with the doctor they are searching for etc. in a single tap
- Specialty clinics such as that for child care, kidney issues, women’s health, dental care etc. in same premises
- Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant (HSCT Treatment) facility for treatment and management of multiple sclerosis
- Pre and post-delivery care for mothers
- Round-the-clock functional blood bank
- Alternate medicine like Ayurveda and naturopathy treatments available
Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Sector – 44, Opposite HUDA City Centre Gurgaon, Haryana – 122002, India
Wockhardt Hospital, Mumbai
This 21 storeyed tertiary care medical center has become the epitome of healthcare for Mumbai residents. Initiated with a strong vision of serving every discipline of medical science, Wockhardt hospital has successfully achieved its aim over the years. Best doctors and surgeons, highly trained support staff and high-class infrastructure facilities make this hospital a preferred healthcare destination for people across Mumbai and its neighborhoods.
- 350 hospital beds
- 100 ICU beds
- First wireless system for ECG management in the country
- First in Asia to become a wireless hospital
- Ambulance services are GPS enabled
- High-class emergency and accident unit comprising of 8 beds
- Infrastructure in line with international medical facilities
- Best doctors available to treat patients
- Equipped radiology facility
- NABH accreditation
Wockhardt Hospitals, South Mumbai 1877, Dr.Anand Rao Nair Road, Near Agripada Police Station, Mumbai Central (E), Mumbai- 400 011
Billroth Hospitals, Chennai
Established in 1990, Billroth Hospitals were founded by an accomplished gastroenterologist. It has grown to become a 600 bedded hospital that ranks among distinguished multi-specialties in Chennai. Billroth hospitals houses treatment facilities across prime specialties like ophthalmology, neurology, cardiology, pediatric care, ENT, urology etc. Safety and comfort of international patients is given highest preference.
- National Accreditation Board for Hospital & Healthcare Providers accredited hospital
- Laboratories in Billroth are NABL certified
- Home services like ambulatory facilities, chemist, lab collection services, nursing facilities are made available to patients requiring it
- Billroth is the only medical institution to acquire the aria 10 solution first in India for cancer treatment
- 4 tiered Critical Care Unit (CCU)
- A highly-equipped labor suite consisting of a lactation center, operating rooms, sonology department etc.
- A catheterization lab with advanced and requisite amenities required for diagnostic cardiology
- Institute of Cardio Thoracic Surgery offers procedures like open and closed heart surgeries, bypass surgeries, valve replacement procedures among other complex procedures
- Specialty clinics like retina clinic, contact lens clinic etc.
Billroth Hospitals, 43, Lakshmi Talkies Road, Shenoy Nagar, Chennai-30.
Fortis Hospital Anandapur
The Fortis Healthcare Ltd. owned hospital in Anandapur is a multispecialty center providing complete medical as well as surgical care under one roof. It caters to patients from India as well as abroad. Due to modern infrastructure and state of art medical technology, Fortis Hospital has become one of the most trusted treatment centers in Kolkata.
- NABH accredited tertiary care center
- 400 bedded inpatient department with modern medical amenities
- Well equipped I.C.U for patients requiring constant medical care
- Lactation consultation and fitness classes conducted for new mothers
- 24 hours working and well stocked pharmacy for convenience of patients and their family
- Strict adherence to international standards and guidelines about hygiene and healthcare
- Facilities provided for visa arrangement, language translator, in-flight health support for patients visiting from abroad
- Facilities for rehabilitation provided to patients who are recovering from a debilitating disorder or have undergone treatment for a major health condition
- Organ transplant surgery performed for patients requiring the same
730, E.M. Bypass Road, Anandapur, Kolkata 700107
Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune
Ruby Hall clinic is one of the oldest and most trusted hospitals in Pune. Since its inception in 1959, the hospital has grown and expanded to include almost every medical and surgical specialty. It has been conferred with the coveted NABH accreditation.
- Inpatient capacity of admitting over 550 patients at a time
- 130 bedded I.C.U. for the convenience of patients who require constant medical supervision
- Pioneer of PET scan in Pune
- Highly efficient air ambulance service for critically ill patients
- Many medical facilities provided to the underprivileged at very low cost
- Highly advanced machinery used to perform CT scan, angiography, PET scan etc.
- Cancer care center providing safe and side effects free chemotherapy and radiation therapy to all patients
- All required facilities and assistance for visa arrangement, airport transfer, lodging etc. provided to patients visiting from abroad
- All medical and surgical specialties for pediatric patients covered under one roof
40, Sassoon Road, Pune, Maharashtra 411001
Maxcure Hospitals, Hyderabad
Maxcure Hospitals located in Hyderabad are a group of hospitals providing complete care to patients under various medical and surgical specialties. There are three branches of this hospital in Hyderabad which are equipped with modern medical technology and the best infrastructural facilities.
- 1600 bedded inpatient department
- One entire hospital building dedicated to women and children’s health
- Strict adherence to international standards of hygiene and safety in regards to patient treatment
- NABH accreditation
- Assistance for medical visa provided to patients visiting from abroad
- Separate I.C.U. for heart patients who require complete rest and personalized medical care
- Advanced diagnostic facilities like 4D Echo, 128 slice CT Scan, video EEG available
- Organ transplant facilities provided to critically unwell patients
- NABH accreditation conferred to the Madhapur branch
Behind Cyber Towers, In the Lane of IBIS Hotel, Hitech City, Madhapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500081
5-9-22, Sarovar Complex, Secretariat Road, Saifabad, Secunderabad, Telangana – 500063.